Monday, July 20, 2009

"K" should have been for Kubota Gardens

July 20, 2009

I had the best intentions for us to go letterboxing at Kubota Gardens today as a family since this was Fred's Monday off. I hear there are three letterboxes hidden there and the kids would have loved it since we hadn't been there since Mother's Day last year or the year before.

So "K" day instead ended up being for Kenmore dryer. Our washer and dryer are now 18 years old so chances are they could go on the fritz at any moment. Fred ended up spending most of his day troubleshooting to see why we don't have any heat in the dryer.

I'm glad I hadn't mentioned anything to the kids about going to Kubota Gardens because I think they would have been disappointed that we weren't going there for "K" Day. Instead they each had fun with friends and spent lots of time in the backyard swimming and playing with their friends.

I tried to stay available for Fred if he needed anything during his attempt to fix the dryer. (as of this writing, the dryer is NOT fixed but we think we've identified the problem and the fix will need a $40 part) I'm so blessed to have a husband who is willing to try to fix things and it saves us a ton of $$$ by not having to call service guys! We know that one of these days we'll need to buy a new washer & dryer but we weren't planning to have to do it just yet!





In an effort to try to salvage "K" Day, I took the kids on Kent-Kangley Road to Circle K to get a slushy or icee or something. We got to Circle K and they don't carry any of those types of icey beverages so we ended up at 7-11 instead!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

We are totally going to steal Kubota gardens for K. That's our next letter, and I had no plans yet. That is funny on the circle K! Some days you just can't win!