Thursday, July 9, 2009

"R" is for Redbox and Rainbows

July 9, 2009

Since it was "R" Day, I was gung ho about going to one of the Redbox DVD machines for the first time and renting a kids video for free for one night. I got to our local Redbox and they didn't have the movie "Hotel for Dogs" which Erica had her heart set on watching tonight! I had to resort to "plan b" which was renting the DVD from Safeway instead.

I guess I'll have to use my code for a free DVD rental on a different night. {sigh}

Also, in honor of it being "R" Day, the kids and I did a science experiment involving Rainbows. I found the info online here and it was alot of fun for the kids to learn about primary and secondary colors which make up a Rainbow.
We put drops of the primary colors; red, yellow, blue in a cup of milk.


Then we added a drop or two of dish soap and watched what happened.

The kids (plus our guest for the day, Ilea) all had fun making their own color wheel based on what they learned.

No comments: