Monday, October 27, 2008

Hey Coach...

October 27, 2008

Evan's soccer team had a game on Saturday. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend because I was out of town with some girlfriends (watch for a future post on that topic....) His team still has yet to score a single goal all season.

Evan was goalie during the entire game on Saturday and from what I hear, he did a terrific job in goal and their team lost by the score of only 3-0 (that's really good if you've seen or heard about any of the other games this season!)

My folks were there to watch the game and my dad shared this funny story with me:

About midway through the second period after the opponents had scored for the first time. When the other team scored again and as the fullbacks and goalie were getting instructions from their coach Evan called over to the coach, "Hey coach, could you talk to the Kent Parks and Recreation people and see if we can't get some easier competition?"

The coach didn't say anything to Evan after his question but did start to laugh as he turned away and walked to the sideline.


Apparently my folks got a good laugh when they heard it too! I was sorry to have missed it but it sounds like a classic Evan-ism :-)

I love that boy so much!

No comments: