I thought "Q" Day would be quite challenging but actually it worked out really well! We went to the library and since Erica is particularly interested in horses, she was thrilled with the idea of looking for books about Quarter Horses.

Evan, my history buff, wanted to look for books about Queen Elizabeth I & II and Queen Victoria. We weren't real successful finding books on the shelves about Queen Elizabeth but found some great pictures of old paintings of Queen Elizabeth I.

While we were at the library, we came upon the Reference section of the library and I was able to show the kids what Encyclopedias are. I shared with them how I had to come to the library when I was a student and would have to do all my research at the library since books and encyclopedias were pretty much the only resources for book reports, etc. These days with so many different search engines on the internet, a wealth of information is now at our fingertips.
We spent some time looking through the "Q" section of the world book encyclopedia. We had fun reading about the province of Quebec.
No comments:
Post a Comment