I suspect you're looking at the title of this post and thinking to yourself "did she really take her kids to a cemetery for "C" day?"
It was a spontaneous decision to go to Tahoma National Cemetery which is near our home. We were driving from a park date to the library and we happened to be in the area of the National Cemetery and I figured this would be an educational experience!
The kids and I drove through the cemetery and we got out and walked around looking at all the grave markers and read about the men and women who had given their lives for our country. It was a very special time together and an excellent reminder of those who fight for our freedom.
After we returned home, we pulled out a magnifying glass and old crayons and I taught the kids about using a magnifying glass and the sun to melt crayons. Erica was only mildly interested but Evan had a great time melting crayons on paper using the power of the magnifying glass! Shortly after I showed him how to do it, Evan says to me "this is using the spectrum of technology, Mom!" (where does he come up with this stuff?)

No comments:
Post a Comment