November 23, 2008
Sometimes being spontaneous has its rewards! We woke this morning to a gorgeous, sunny day and I suggested to Fred that it would be fun to surprise the kids after church and drive up to Woodinville to go to see the poinsettias at Molbak's. For years Molbak's has had an annual Poinsettia Festival but this year they are calling it Molbak's "Winter Wonderful".
Since we were already dressed for church, I suggested we could go up to Molbak's and attempt to take a family photo for our Christmas card this year. We've been to Molbak's in years past and marveled at the incredible Christmas displays they have there and the thousands of beautiful poinsettias on display in a variety of colors.
We stopped for lunch in Bellevue and continued northeast to Woodinville. Once we arrived at Molbak's, the kids were very cooperative about the picture taking and we had a wonderful time there. I love the fact that Molbak's sets up multiple areas amongst the poinsettias for great photo opportunities and plenty of natural light.
Here are a few of the pictures we won't be using for our Christmas photo this year but I thought they were worth posting here.

Inside Molbak's
I should have taken some pictures of some of the unusual colors of poinsettias!
Not bad for one of the first pictures taken of the day...
The variety of ornaments was incredible!
We were often having to remind the kids "please look and don't touch!"
Following our visit to Molbak's, we took a leisurely drive through Redmond (home of Microsoft) and Fall City. We made a stop at Snoqualmie Falls since we hadn't been there since before summer, the Falls weren't nearly as full as our previous visit.
Following a quick stop at McD's for a little special treat, we headed home with a car filled with happy people :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment