I had a very late night last night because I went to a craft night and didn't get to bed until about 1am. I was awoken (is that a word?) at 5am this morning to Erica calling out "MMMoooooommmmm". When I went to her bedroom to check on her, she was distressed about whether or not The Tooth Fairy had taken her tooth last night.
Allow me to backtrack just a bit.....when I was a child, we never put our tooth under our pillow for The Tooth Fairy. We always put the tooth in a glass of water and carefully placed the glass on the kitchen sink window sill after sprinkling salt (not sure why) in the glass of water. We've followed that same tradition for our children and so far it's worked really well. The Tooth Fairy has not disappointed!
Both Evan and Erica seem to have this need to keep their teeth after they fall out and we convinced Erica last night that she didn't have to write a note to The Tooth Fairy to not take her tooth because we think The Tooth Fairy already knows that about our kids from previous visits to our home...such a smart Tooth Fairy!
So, imagine my sudden panic at 5am when Erica was distressed about The Tooth Fairy (oh no! The Tooth Fairy!!! Remember? Someone went to bed VERY late???) I assured Erica I would run downstairs and check on the situation IMMEDIATELY (whew!) and I was able to calmly return to her bedroom to assure her that her tooth was still there and I wasn't sure if The Tooth Fairy had come yet {{wink}}.
No comments:
Post a Comment