I couldn't have asked for a more perfect Mother's Day this year!
After church, Evan quickly searched for his chef hat to wear while making lunch...too cute! My two little chefs made lunch, which was very tasty.
Following a delicious lunch, we packed up the car and drove to Point Defiance (near Tacoma) to catch the ferry from Point Defiance to Vashon Island.
In all my years of living in the Seattle area, I had never been to Vashon Island so we decided to take a little adventure.
It was a beautiful sunny day so it was the perfect day to be on a ferry!
Once we got to Vashon Island, we drove around and did some exploring. We found a quiet little harbor area and hung out with some of the "locals" at the beach. We enjoyed skipping rocks and throwing sticks for local dogs to fetch.
After spending a few hours on the island, we drove to the other end of Vashon and took the ferry to Fauntleroy (West Seattle). From there, we went to one of my favorite restaurants - Jimmy Mac's Roadhouse. The kids love it there too since they can toss their peanut shells on the floor.
I couldn't ask for a more perfect way to spend Mother's Day!
I AM blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment