As many of my closest friends know, my craft room has been a source of frustration for me over the past year or so. It has become my "dumping ground" when I didn't know where else to put things and needed to do a quick tidy of the rest of the house. I was feeling overwhelmed by the prospect of getting it organized!
Craft room "before"
What a mess!
My family draws names for Christmas and my sister, Laurie, drew my name. One of the items I had on my wishlist was the gift of time and having someone help me tackle my craft room. I couldn't have asked for a better helper!! Laurie is amazing! She arrived this morning, talked with me about how I wanted to utilize the room and promptly started labeling "zones" in my family room to move items from the craft room.
The recycle/garbage zone.
Part of the "donate" and "reusable storage zone".
Since I knew Laurie was coming over today, I had spent several hours during the weekend sorting through stuff and trying to get some things tidy before her arrival. After Laur was here 6 hours or so, the room looked 1000% better!
I actually have a work area I can use!
Ahhh, so much better!
You can see counter space :-)
...and a new storage area for all my stamp sets!
I'm giddy with excitement over my craft room! Thanks Laur, this has been one of the BEST Christmas presents ever! I think she should go into business helping people tackle projects like this... don't we all have a room or two like this in our homes?
Laur, you're the best! I love you little sis!
2 comments:
Sue, that's fantastic! It's so beautiful! I know how good it feels to get something like that under control. Great job! When do we get to play?
I was glad to help and it was actually fun too! Enjoy your "new " space!
Post a Comment