February 10, 2010
As I'm typing today's date, I realize the date is 2-10-2010. It rolls off my tongue...two, ten, two thousand ten. Sounds good, doesn't it? And it's almost 10pm on 2-10-2010.
Other than spending a short time doing devotions early this morning, I honestly think this is the first moment today that I've sat quietly and pondered something, slowly.
I'm feeling quite transparent this evening and I feel like it's time to "come clean". The current status of my life is "overwhelmed". Yep, I admit it, I have bit off more than I can chew. My plate is full. (Ok, I think you get the idea). There are times in my life when everything seems to be happening at the same time. When all the deadlines are coming at the same time. When I feel like everything needs 110% of my attention.
That's where I feel like I am right now. Between Girl Scout cookie sales (yep, Cookie Mom here), looming school yearbook deadlines (you guessed it, I'm yearbook creative editor), upcoming Cub Scout silent auction (ah huh, co-chairing that one), PTA Award nominations (yes, I am doing that one) and agreeing to take on more responsibility and a few more hours of work for my part-time job at the church. I AM overwhelmed.
While sitting in a PTA Board meeting tonight, I prayed that the Lord would give me strength to not volunteer for more committees or accept an executive board position for next year. He is so faithful when I ask for His strength and guidance.
I miss having quality time with girl friends. I feel like I haven't been a very good friend lately because I've been too busy. That needs to change. I treasure the time I spend with those who are special to me.
So today, two-ten-two thousand ten, is the day I need to make some changes. It's OK to not be ultra-busy 24/7. It's time to slow down and enjoy each moment of each day. Afterall, every minute of every day is a gift from God, that's why it's called the present.
1 comment:
I miss you too. And I did love the date yesterday, and also on Fri, 2*5*10, the first day of BSF retreat. I hope you get some rest soon, and maybe we can play this summer together. Hang in there.
Post a Comment