Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

May 10, 2009
Whew...what a crazy-busy weekend!

It started early Saturday morning with the Women's Breakfast at our church. I had the pleasure of working on the planning committee for several months prior to the event and it was so fun to work together to come up with the theme and color scheme and see it all come together.



We had over 200+ women attend the breakfast and everything looked beautiful!

Following the breakfast, I had to dash home to pick up Erica so that she and I could meet my mom, sisters, sisters-in-law and neices for our annual get together to honor my mom.

This year we went to Olde Burien to check out some of the adorable shops in the shopping district.
Erica and cousin Brooke at Grass Roots Home & Garden

The weather was beautiful and we had a fun time checking out some of the shops.

Unfortunately we had to cut our trip short because it was time to dash back home to pack and head to downtown Seattle to The Pacific Science Center for a Camp-In with Erica's brownie troop and several hundred other brownies. We had lots of activities throughout the evening and we even got to sleep on the floor in sleeping bags.

Erica and friends at the base of the Space Needle.
The whole Brownie troop.
Neighbors Rebecca, Isabelle and Erica.
Wearing eye protection while doing candy experiments.

Snack time outside The Pacific Science Center

Our view of The Space Needle at sunset

The arches of The Pacific Science Center at sunset
Inside the Butterfly House.
We returned home mid-morning today (Mother's Day) and my only request for Mother's Day was to get a nap, which I got :-)

1 comment:

Angela said...

Looks like it was so much fun at the PacSci Center!! I wish we had done that overnight last year!! I loved seeing the troop picture...I miss all the girls!