Thursday, April 24, 2008

"Business" in Portland

April 12, 2008

Fred found out earlier in the week that he needed to go down to Portland for a business trip. Since the kids were on spring break and being the opportunist that I am, I asked if we could come along for the trip?

The next morning, we were all up at "o-dark-thirty" to pick up the rental car and take the 3 hour drive down to the Portland area. We arrived at the hotel at 10:30am and fortunately the hotel was able to give us a room so the kids and I could swim and check out the nearby mall while Fred headed off to work.

It turns out that the mall had a Build-a-Bear Workshop, a Disney Store and a Lego Store, in addition to having a McDonald's....what more could we possibly need?


The kids got to make a stuffed animal at Build-a-Bear Workshop. Evan chose to name his monkey "Marshall" in honor of Fred's childhood friend, and Erica named her dog "Lucy", just because.



Oh, and did I mention we swam ALOT? We swam and swam and swam!


On the trip home we took a little side-trip to see the spectacular Multnomah Falls.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Ooh! I love Multnomah Falls. Gorgeous Pictures! Thanks for commenting on my blog earlier. It's nice to 'meet' you. :)